Monday, December 17, 2007

Today I am beginning to wonder if I have somehow offended the Appliance Gods. After fighting with the delivery men to actually deliver my stove, fridge and dishwasher the day they promised, the deliverers broke off the leg of my gorgeous new stove. No problem, until I learn that they won't be by to fix it for another week and a half. Somehow, the piece of cardboard they wedge in for the meantime doesn't inspire confidence while I'm boiling huge vats of water for spaghetti directly above a fighting dog and five year old.

Today, the cavalry arrives in the form of a sullen 20 year old whose main focus is answering his cell phone as it rings for the 72nd time whilst he is laid across my kitchen floor attempting (and I use that term loosely) to screw on a new leg. Now, I will be the first to admit, DIY is not my strong point. The walls in my last house can attest to that as I placed no fewer than 8 drywall plugs simply trying to hang a small bathroom mirror. Somehow though, I believe that inserting a plastic foot into a pre-drilled hole does not require a full 35 minutes. Normally this would not bother me too much but today, my teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy, ferocious moron of a dog decided this kid was the enemy and tried to nip at his legs if I did not carry her around like a football the entire time. Maybe the nipping would have sped him up...hmmm...something to remember for the next time.

Dishwasher installation time. After an hour and $140.00 the plumber announces that there are no brackets to attach the dishwasher to the counter top. I can run water through the washer but if I try to open the door the whole thing flops out of the hole. Excellent! Just what I wanted, an empty box that sprays water and tips over if you touch it.

Apparently, it will take Trail Appliances 3 days to get the proper part. I will be pro-rating my dish soap costs as well as adding punitive damages for dish pan hands.

No comments: